One pot dinner, fast

I'm still struggling to finish my thesis, so I'm very appreciative when I find a dinner recipe that doesn't take long to prep or make or have many dishes. I've had this recipe, which I pulled from an issue of Kraft's What's Cooking magazine, in my "to try" folder for over three years now. I can't believe I didn't try it sooner. It makes four servings, which means Gabriel and I both have lunch for the next day. It's perfect

P. S. - I'm trying out a new recipe format. Hope you like it.


Cheesy Chicken Noodle Skillet

Ingredient List
egg noodles (3 cups)
chicken breasts (450 g, approx. 3)
broccoli heads (2 cups, approx. 2)
chicken broth (1/2 cup)
cream cheese spread (1/2 cup)
mayonnaise (1/4 cup)
cheddar cheese (1 cup, shredded)

Directions
Fill largest stock pot with salted water and bring to a boil. Cut 450 g chicken breasts into bite-size pieces. Remove florets from 2 heads broccoli and cut to same size as chicken. Shred 1 cup cheddar cheese.

Add 3 cups egg noodles and chicken to boiling water. Cook for 6 minutes, until chicken is cooked through and the noodles are tender. Add broccoli and cook for another 2 minutes.

Drain the noodle mixture and return it to the pot.

Stir in ½ cup chicken broth, ½ cup cream cheese spread, and ¼ cup mayonnaise. Simmer over medium-low heat for 2-3 minutes, stirring constantly, until cream cheese spread is melted and sauce is well blended.

Add cheddar cheese. Stir until cheese is completely melted.

Makes 4 servings, 1¼ cups each.

Notes
Substitute 2 cups of any frozen vegetable on hand, and/or light or flavoured cream cheese.

Nutrition (per serving)
Calories 525
Total fat 28 g
Saturated fat 13 g
Cholesterol 155 mg
Sodium 550 mg
Carbohydrate 28 g
Dietary fibre 3 g
Sugars 3 g
Protein 39 g
Vitamin A 25 %DV
Vitamin C 45 %DV
Calcium 25 %DV
Iron 10 %DV

Original source: Kraft Canada - Cheesy Chicken Noodle Skillet

Comments